The Senior Sales Engineer is responsible for Sales revenue growth for the Bay Area Semiconductor OEM market, supporting existing Azbil business in addition to developing and growing new business. Provides timely support to Azbil direct customers. Serves as the key Azbil Sales Engineer within the defined region, articulating and promoting key differentiators and value propositions. Develops compelling customer proposals, positioning statements, and presentations as needed. Can perform business and market analysis and quotation support. Proactively follows up on leads, opportunities, quotes, and projects using Salesforce.com.
- Makes weekly and frequent sales calls to Azbil direct customers
- Builds and maintains mindshare with customers to support Sales revenue growth targets
- Developes executive level (VP and above) relationships at all key accounts
- Utilizes the Salesforce.com environment to proactively track customer account information, leads, contacts, opportunities, customer meetings, marketing, and promotional efforts
- Provides Sales leadership with input on market dynamics, customer needs, growth opportunities, issues and threats, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Uses Web conferencing tools to supplement direct customer facing contact activities to promote Azbil value propositions
- Provides monthly/quarterly sales forecast and activity reports
- Partners with inside Sales teams, Product Line Management, Quality, and Engineering as needed for customer quotes and orders.
- When needed, provides training for direct customers on products
- Performs other duties as they develop or as requested
- Works in a standard office environment or in a remote home office and uses general business tools (mobile phone, laptop, etc.).
- Travel is required; approximately 50%-75% should be expected.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, and ABILITIES:
- Strong team player with a demonstrated and proven ability to grow revenue and exceed sales targets while working productively with internal functional groups.
- Operates with a sense of urgency with a “Customer Focus” and “Growth Mindset”
- Excellent communication and organizational skills – in writing, phone, and group and one-on-one presentations.
- Ability to quickly identify key decision makers and develop direct relationships with key accounts
- Fluent in using all common Microsoft Windows programs – Outlook, Excel,Word and PowerPoint, with ability to quickly learn new CRM and ERP systems (Salesforce.com, M2M, Sharepoint, etc.) both laptop and mobile application platforms.
- Ability to comprehend and relate technical product and process specifications
- Ability to effectively communicate and interface with many corporate, customer, and employee levels.
- Basic understanding of temperature, pressure and flow sensing/control technologies
- Experience with temperature controls, Industrial sensors, heaters, PLC and related devices (preferred)
- 5+ years experience as a Sales Engineer or Account Manager in a similar field (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or similar technical field, or equivalent (required)
- Documented success in growing revenue and developing direct customer accounts (required)
- Experience working with companies who manufacture Semiconductor OEM equipment (required)
- Strong business referrals from direct customers (required)
- Experience in supporting both domestic and international customer accounts (preferred)
- Direct experience in Azbil target markets/industries, key customers, applications, core product technologies, and competitors (preferred)
BS in Engineering or similar technical disciplines, or equivalent education and/or experience.
MBA and/or advanced degree in business or technology field.