Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Last Update: May 22, 2023
The California Consumer Privacy Act grants California residents certain rights with regard to the personal information a business collects, discloses for a business purpose, or sells. This disclosure generally describes those rights and provides the methods for California residents to submit requests. For purposes of this disclosure “Azbil” refers to Azbil North America, Azbil Mexico, Azbil VorTek, Azbil North America Research and Development and Telstar. The terms “you” and “your” refer to a California resident and “we” or “our” refer to Azbil.
Notice of Collection and Disclosure of Personal Information
Azbil serves a wide range of industries in North America with industrial automation and control products. Generally speaking, our customers are businesses. In the course of transacting our business we may collect personal information about California residents working on behalf of a customer or prospective customer. We also may collect personal information about California residents who choose to visit our online website and those who provide personal information to us through electronic platforms.
Personal Information We Collect
Below is a list of the categories of personal information we have collected about California residents in the past 12 months:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, signature, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, telephone number, account name, or other similar online identifiers;
- Other personal information that you chose to affirmatively provide to us;
- Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
We collect the categories of personal information described above about California residents who work with our customers and potential customers to communicate, respond to customer inquiries and orders, and to otherwise transact our day-to-day business operations.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application or advertisement.
We collect the information above to improve our website, track customer interests and browsing activity, and for marketing and product development purposes.
Personal Information We Disclose for a Business Purpose
In order to operate our business, we may disclose your personal information to service providers that process information and perform services on our behalf, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, or providing similar services on our behalf.
We do not sell your personal information about you to third parties for any purpose.
Right to Request We Disclose Personal Information Collected About You
As a California resident, you have the right to request that we disclose:
(1) The categories of personal information that we have collected about you.
(2) The categories of sources from which personal information is collected.
(3) The business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information.
(4) The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
(5) The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Right to Request We Delete Personal Information
You have the right to request that we delete any personal information about you that we have collected from you. Please be advised that we are not required to comply with your request to delete this information if the information is necessary in order for us to:
(1) Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business with you, or otherwise to perform a contract between you and us.
(2) Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; to prosecute those responsible for that activity.
(3) Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
(4) Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
(5) Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
(6) To enable solely internal uses reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us.
(7) To comply with a legal obligation.
(8) Otherwise for internal purposes so long it is lawful and compatible in the context in which you provided the information.
We will not discriminate against you because you exercise any of the rights provided by the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Submitting Requests and Verification
You may make requests regarding your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act by contacting us or filling out a Privacy Request Form. Upon receipt of your request, we will notify you of any further information we require to verify your request.
For questions or concerns about our privacy policies and practices, you may contact us at:
Azbil North America, Inc.
9033 North 24th Avenue, Suite 6
Phoenix, AZ 85021
Toll-Free Number: 866-736-7672