Position: Quality Engineer
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Description: Control Systems for Semiconductor
This position is part of the semiconductor control systems business unit. The quality engineer will manage the quality aspects of the entire product lifecycle from development through obsolescence. The quality engineer works closely with design engineering to assist in the effective development of control systems for the industrial and semiconductor markets.
Self starter that can work independently is required.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a quality engineer involved in product development from concept and design through launch, SOP and obsolescence.
- Have a bachelors degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited university.
- Competence in the utilization of standard quality tools.
- Be able to show through objective evidence understanding and experiencewith APQP; QFD; reliability methods; SPC and process capability and GD&T.
- Show a clear understanding of problem solving, failure analysis and rootcause analysis
- Have experience with managing supply chains
- Have experience in manufacturing process development and knowledge ofmodern manufacturing methods and tools
- Work closely with the design engineering team
- Coordinate new product development opportunities including design reviews
- Provides technical leadership to design engineering through the development of robust technical solutions from concept to production;
- Assist in development of product strategy for standardization;
- Owning the PPAP process throughout the supply chain;
- Ensure that all customer requirements are satisfied with regards to productand process quality
- PFMEA and control plan development;
- Lead reliability testing including HALT and HASS;
- Manage product KPIs including improvement and corrective activity;
- Own the CAR process and manage product quality issues directly with thecustomer;
- Participate with the engineering team in solving quality problems;
- Manage the quality aspects of the supply chain;
- Manage QA aspects of change control;
- First article inspection;
- Provide input to knowledge management and lessons learned systems;
- Ensure compliance with engineering change procedures;
- Initiate and manage kaizen activities;
- Manage and direct problem solving activities;
- Auditing in accordance with ISO 9001;
- Some travel involved (15%)
Reports to Quality Manager.