JOB DESCRIPTION Effective Date: 11/3/16
TITLE: FULFILLMENT MANAGER
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
Responsible for management of production, materials and inventory, and shipping/receiving.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for efficient purchasing of inventory and materials from approved vendors. Setting effective safety stock levels and managing inventory effectiveness in accordance planning and demand. Receives purchase requisitions and verifies for accuracy and authorization(s).
- Responsible for managing inside sales order entry of customer POs from a variety of sources.
- Evaluates inventory reorder levels and quantity price breaks to determine most economical purchasing of inventory and supplies in relationship to company’s cost of capital. Prepares monthly reports and reviews forecast of purchasing commitments with Vice President of Finance.
- Manage logistics unit with regards to shipping and receiving in accordance with corporate objectives.
- Conducts, promotes and supervises kaizen activity within department in accordance with cost improvement plans.
- Performs production scheduling functions in accordance with customer demand to include capacity planning and material requirements planning.
- Manages periodic inventory validation activity per corporate requirements.
- Evaluate performance of fulfillment activities and develop corrective actions and kaizen activities.
- Manage and promote cross functional team approach in the execution of the plans and activities within the department.
- Promote and direct the focus on the customer within the execution of the department activities.
- Performs other purchasing or inventory control duties as necessary or as requested.
KNOWLEDGE required includes use and deployment of enterprise management systems, capacity planning, scheduling and operations management; basic cost accounting and analysis; logistics systems.
Reports to the Operations Manager. Coordinates activities with all departments; works closely with Manufacturing, Planning, and Accounting.
GENERAL TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- General Safety
- HR Policies
- Quality Management Systems
- Problem Solving
- Change Management
- Copy Exact
- 7+ years of steadily increasing responsibility in order fulfillment to include materials planning, production scheduling and logistics;
- BA/BS degree from accredited University
- Competence in the utilization of ERP systems (including M2M and SAP)
- Competence in the use of Microsoft Office related software